Friday, April 13, 2012

Back in Black (Rise)

So, it's been a long time since I posted, partly because my Eve account took a Skyrim to the knee, partly due to extended Xmas break that lasted 6 weeks. I finally returned to Eve about a month or so ago and have settled into the Black Rise region with some old corp mates who had joined a low sec pirate / FW corp there called Percussive Diplomacy.
These guys are a pleasure to fly with, mostly professional, except the occasional bouts of utter drunkenness.
Thanks to these guys I've started doing things I'd never done in Eve before and am enjoying it a lot.
I now own both a carrier and a dreadnought (Caldari of course; for which I'm am frequently laughed at),
which is very novel for someone who has been able to light cyno's for some time but had never had a reason to do it. I've now got used to flying my alt about in a cheap t1 frig with a cyno and setting up points of station for me to jump in.  It's all pathetically childish but exciting. I've done a little bit of POS bashing before but always in subcaps, which while worrying (sat in a slow moving torp raven) it doesn't compare to the trouser filling nature of being sat in 2 billion isk worth of ship in siege mode, knowing that there's no getting out if you are hot dropped and being in a shield tanking dread is equivalent to having a target painted your ship and a neon flashing 'Primary Me' sign.

I've got used to roaming around in T3 strategic cruisers and having the luxury of boosts being up when the shit goes down. Needless to say I lost my tengu which I'd pimped out a few weeks earlier. I've never lost something worth 1.6 billion before and I think I took it surprisingly well.

I'm loving being back; it took me a few weeks to blow off the cobwebs, dust down the ships, remember what all these things in my hangar did, revisit all the fittings and improve them, where better skills allowed.

Highlight kills of the last month or so:

Quite soon after joining the corp, one of the guys found two chaps in a WH running sites in a Machariel and a Vargur. This was like Eve treating me to an early xmas present for returning to the game. We all got in T3's and covert ops ships and paid them a visit. They had very kindly pimped out their ships for us, so the kills were very juicy indeed.
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=15395643 the Vargur dies.
http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=15395418 as does the Machariel.

Thanks guys for the welcome back present.

Same day we caught this Loki, which seemed quite cheap in comparison :)

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=15403573 the Loki goes down like a whore in Amsterdam.

A day like that convinces one that the right decision has been made.

An Orca in low sec is not something you see very often at all, so when a corp mate says 'Orca coming through the gate!' you get in a ship undock and go kill it. Which we did; I think this was T-rays first or second day in the corp; it was good to be flying with him again.

http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/killmail.php?id=15873893 Down she goes.

Then this Machariel that usually plays station games with us in our home system, was caught and taken down like a big fat pinata.  http://slapd.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=12992698

As I went to our killboard then to find links for the kills I notice the lads have been busy overnight while I've been in bed. I'm doing this while sat in work so am now eager to go home and logon to find out wtf? has been happening.

Hopefully I'll blog a bit more frequently from now on. With screenshots too:)

I'll leave you with a video that one of our guys produced of a good fight we got into, you maybe can't tell but we almost lost both a Proteus and a Tengu in this fight. I managed to get out with about 20% structure left and the Proteus got out in deep armour. I returned in a drake and we eventually held the field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OyVNzf09Qs

Reli out

3 comments:

  1. Hey Reli! Glad to see you are still playing Eve. I'm thinking of coming back and I miss my old mates. Think there might be room in your corp for one more old pirate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always room for one more, Buck. You must resub now.

    -Kas V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Buck, sorry mate, for some reason I haven't been getting notifications of comments.
    Come the fuck back, why not? Eve is amazing.

    ReplyDelete